African Queen Chocolate Truffles - 2014 Great Taste TOP 50 Award Winner
At Demarquette we are always eager to embrace new ideas and innovations. Therefore, we are proud to offer you 'African Queen', a 2014 Great Taste Award triple gold star AND TOP50 Foods in Britain award-winning delicately blended chocolate using a fine cocoa produced in the Ivory Coast (Cote d'Ivoire).
Xanthe Clay, renowned Food writer and Daily Telegraph columnist, reviews The African Queen Truffles
The flavour profile of this cocoa has been enhanced during the fermentation stages by tapping into boosting factors which are present in natural fauna. This innovative approach reduces the bitterness and acidity often found in dark chocolate. In addition, an environmentally favourable by-product of this optimisation is the major reduction of cocoa bean waste. This is an important way forward in ensuring Ivorian farmers receive the optimal price for their entire harvest.
We have always sought to maintain an ethical approach in sourcing our cocoa and in support of the first 20,000 Ivorian farmers (2013) who have adopted this new way of production, we are delighted to announce that we are using Ivorian beans for the first time in our chocolate making process.
Our African Queen ganache filling is made of a 68% intensity, blended with fresh cream and Tanzanian honey. The base of the chocolate is a hazelnut praline mixed with crunchy Breton wafers.
- Due to the freshness of the ingredients this product has a two-week shelf life
- CONTAINS NUTS, DAIRY AND GLUTEN
- This is a speciality product that will require up to 48 hours before dispatch
- Choice of 6 or 12 Truffles.
- Please choose UK Special Delivery option upon checkout if you wish to request a deferred delivery date (weekday only)
- approx 75 grm (6 Truffles)