These are in fact not chocolate as we know it, but made with Brazilian Theobroma Grandiflorum, a relative of the cocoa plant. We are delighted to be one of the first pioneers in the UK to use Theobroma Grandiflorum as part of our exquisite range of discoveries. It is more commonly known as The Cupuaçu (pronounced: coo poo asoo), an arboreal fruit species considered to be a pre-Colombian crop plant which is still found wild in the eastern sub region of Brazilian Amazonia.
The beans have been processed in Brazil by our partners AMMA in a very similar way to cocoa. After a number of tests and samples we have ended up with a uniquely rich aroma and deeply flavoured product.
To make the truffle, we carefully blend the Grandiflorum mass with fresh cream and wild Brazilian honey and a light coating of Brazilian chocolate before finally adding a dusting of cocoa powder as a finishing touch. The Demarquette Grandiflorum Truffle is an 85% solids product and offers intensity of flavour and a powerful punch on the palette, yet the smooth and creamy texture offers a light and gentle experience allowing you to enjoy this unique flavour profile. We are absolutely delighted with the final result and are thrilled to champion this magnificent cocoa-related product in the UK.
Here are some reviews of the collection from some of the most acclaimed chocolate connoisseurs and finest palates:
- Due to the freshness of the ingredients this product has a two-week shelf life
- This is a speciality product that will require up to 48 hour preparation before dispatch
- Each box contains 12 Grandiflorum Truffles.
- Please choose UK Special Delivery option upon checkout if you wish to request a deferred delivery date (weekday only)
- approx 85 grm (12 Truffles)